Training supervisors to be accountable for, and effectively manage the health and safety of those under their supervision is key to creating a safe and healthy workplace.
Our program is designed to provide workplace instructors with the necessary skills and tools to train other supervisors.
Our content aligns with the requirements outlined in the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development supervisor awareness workbook.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of the supervisor’s role
- Explain the duties and responsibilities of the employer, worker, and supervisor
- Explain the role of the health and safety rep and JHSC member
- Explain the importance of working as a team
- Discuss the Internal Responsibility System and how the supervisor fits in
- Explain the role of the WSIB and Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development
- Explain how to support the rights of workers
- Discuss how to recognize, assess, control, and evaluate hazards
- Explain how to handle health and safety concerns
- Discuss where to obtain health and safety assistance
- Explain what health and safety resources are available
- Explain how to motivate employees to work safely
We’ll equip you with the tools and materials you need to start training, including:
- Leader Guide – a resource to help guide you while you lead training that includes speaking notes, prompts, tips, and more
- 10 Participant Manuals to provide your learners with during your training
- Access to our Instructor Portal so you can download the PowerPoint Presentation to help facilitate training at your workplace and place an order to restock your Participant Manuals
s. 25.2 (c)