Failure to understand the consequences of improper shipping and handling of dangerous goods can be costly and dangerous.
Our course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of the regulatory requirements when shipping, receiving, or offering for transport dangerous goods.
This course is required for companies who ship, receive, prepare, or offer for transport a dangerous good by road and / or rail.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify their duties and responsibilities
- Recall definitions
- List the classifications
- Differentiate between special cases and exemptions
- Recognize proper containers
- Describe safety marks
- Complete shipping documents
- Explain emergency response assistance plan (ERAP)
- List accidental/imminent release reporting requirements
- Prepare waste manifests
This course is based on the TDG Act and Regulations.
Transportation of Dangerous Goods Clear Language Shipper & Driver’s Handbook, Participant Manual, test, record of attendance, and wallet card.
Supervisors, shippers, receivers, carriers, and those who load and unload dangerous goods
TDG Regulations s 6.1(1)