Our fall protection training program will provide participants with an understanding of their responsibilities when working in areas where fall hazards exist. The course covers controls necessary to reduce the risk of a fall, and instruction regarding the use and inspection, and donning and doffing, or harnesses.
Upon successful completion, a 2 Year Fall Protection Certificate will be issued.
Important Note – Workers who are in the construction industry or are regulated by section 26.2 of the Construction Regulation (213/91) must take the in-person Working at Heights Construction Training in order to comply with Ontario’s safety regulations.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain fall protection and fall arrest systems
- Understand general responsibilities
- Identify fall arrest systems
- Identify fall hazards and controls
- Perform equipment inspections
- Perform donning and doffing a harness
People who work at heights in a non-construction setting.
Reg. for Industrial Establishments s. 79.
Upon completion of the theory portion of the program, a hands-on practical evaluation is required to complete the certification. A $50/person charge applies for each evaluation. Practical evaluations should be completed 90 days after the course has been passed.
In order for OSG to complete the practical equipment evaluation, the participant must ensure that:
- They have had the minimum recommended experience on each piece of equipment they will be operating
- Annual certification and inspection has been completed on the equipment that will be used for the evaluation
- Equipment is in good working order