Our fall protection training program will provide participants with an understanding of their responsibilities when working in areas where fall hazards exist. The course covers controls necessary to reduce the risk of a fall, and instruction regarding the use and inspection, and donning and doffing, or harnesses.
Upon successful completion, a 2 year Fall Protection certificate will be issued.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain fall protection and fall arrest systems
- Understand general responsibilities
- Identify fall arrest systems
- Identify fall hazards and controls
- Perform equipment inspections
- Perform donning and doffing a harness
People who work at heights in a non-construction setting.
Reg. for Industrial Establishments s. 79.
Upon completion of the theory portion of the program, a hands-on practical evaluation is required to complete the certification. A $50/person charge applies for each evaluation. Additional charges will apply if lifting device evaluations are required to be performed outside the 905, 416, 519, and 226 area codes. Practical evaluations must be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance
- Participant must be evaluated using a harness that meets CSA standards and is in good working order