Understanding, identifying, and reducing the negative effects of workplace violence and harassment is part of a positive health and safety culture. On June 15th, 2010 The Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) was amended to include specific requirements for workplace violence and harassment.
Our course is designed to help employers, supervisors, and workers understand the requirements for developing and implementing a successful workplace violence and harassment program. Our course provides participants with an overview of the legislation, and it outlines what employers must do to satisfy minimum legal requirements.
*This course has been updated to include changes from Bill 132, Sexual Violence and Harassment Action Plan Act.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define workplace violence and harassment.
- Discuss elements of workplace violence and harassment policies and programs.
- Explain the requirements for a workplace violence risk assessment.
- Identify the employer’s duty to inform.
- Recognize how to control workplace violence and harassment.
The content in this course is based on the OHSA and Ministry of Labour Guidelines for Workplace Violence and Harassment.
Managers, supervisors, workers, JHSC members, and health and safety representatives.
OHSA s. 32.0.5 (2)(a)