Become a Certified Fork Lift / Lift Truck Trainer!
Learn how to train your workers to safely operate a lift truck.
When you become the trainer, you can train workers whenever needed. Invest in training for one qualified operator who can then train your entire staff! Organizations that train a high volume of workers, experience high turnover, or want to increase internal expertise will benefit from having a certified trainer in-house.
Operator competency is key to safe lift truck use. Having a competent workplace instructor deliver training programs will ensure that your operators are being trained correctly and getting the most out of their training.
Our course, taught by experts in the industry, teaches participants how to confidently convey the importance of identifying hazards, pre-use inspections and safe operating principles. Our Safe Operation of a Lift Truck program is designed in accordance with CSA B335-15 Safety Standard for Lift Trucks.
Train-the-Trainer participants must obtain a certificate of competency. In order to obtain the certificate, the participant must achieve a passing grade on the written in-class review as well as the practical skills evaluation. The practical skills evaluation is to be performed at the worker’s place of employment.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain operator competency
- Discuss workplace hazards
- Explain stability principles
- Explain how to conduct pre-operational checks
- Explain safe operating principles
- Explain fuel source hazards
In addition to expert-led training, you will receive the following materials.
For you to use when you begin training others:
- Leader’s Guide
- Wall certificate and wallet card
- CD containing PowerPoint presentation
For your future participants:
- 10 Participant’s Manuals
- Sample Certificates
Designed for experienced forklift/lift truck operators and supervisors who want to train their workers on the safe operation and use of lift trucks.
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible to take this course.
- Completed Tools and Techniques for Adult Learning
- Understand Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- You are a competent operator of a Forklift demonstrated by having at least 100 hours of experience operating the equipment and/or having received a certificate of competency by a training provider
Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s. 51(2)
Ont. Reg. 213/91 Construction Projects 96. (1)
The fee for the Train-the-Trainer course includes one practical evaluation from OSG to be completed at the participant’s workplace. Additional charges may apply if multiple devices are evaluated.
Equipment evaluations should be completed 90 days after the course has been successfully passed.
In order for OSG to complete the practical equipment evaluation, the participant must ensure that:
- They have had the minimum recommended experience on each piece of equipment they will be operating
- Annual certification and inspection has been completed on the equipment that will be used for the evaluation
- Equipment is in good working order