Become a Certified Overhead Crane Trainer
Learn how to train your workers to safely operate an Overhead Crane.
When you become the trainer, you can train workers whenever needed. Organizations that train a high volume of workers, experience high turnover, or want to increase internal expertise will benefit from having a certified trainer in-house.
Our program, taught by industry experts, is designed to provide workplace trainers with the required knowledge and tools to successfully deliver our Overhead Crane Training program in their own workplace. You will learn how to train others and gain access to resources to facilitate your training.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the role of a competent operator
- Discuss how to identify overhead crane hazards
- Demonstrate how to inspect an overhead crane
- Explain how to select a sling and properly rig a load
- Discuss how to perform a lift with an overhead crane safely
This program is designed in accordance with CSA B167.
We’ll equip you with the tools and materials you need to start training, including:
- Leader Guide – a resource to help guide you while you lead training that includes speaking notes, prompts, tips, and more
- 10 Participant Manuals to provide your learners with during your training
- Access to our Instructor Portal so you can download the PowerPoint Presentation to help facilitate training at your workplace and place an order to restock your Participant Manuals
Designed for experienced overhead crane operators and supervisors who want to train their workers on the safe operation of overhead cranes.
To be eligible to take this course, you will need to:
- Complete Tools and Techniques for Adult Learning
- Understand Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Be a competent operator of an Overhead Crane demonstrated by having at least 100 hours of experience operating the equipment and/or have received a certificate of competency by a training provider
- Understand hoisting and rigging principles
Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s.512)
Ont. Reg. 213/91 – Construction Projects s.96.(1)
Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations