Ready to Book? Call us at 800.815.9980 or contact us today.
Ready to Book?
Call us at 800.815.9980 or contact us today.
The majority of overhead crane related accidents involve people who have been hit or crushed by the load, these generally are innocent bystanders. To prevent accidents and keep workers and bystanders safe, make sure your operators know how to safely use an overhead crane.
Our course provides operators adequate knowledge about the hazards that confront those working with overhead cranes. Learners will be equipped with the tools to be able to operate the equipment safely and efficiently.
Types of Cranes
This course is suitable for operators of the following types of overhead cranes:
- Gantry cranes
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Outline the role of a competent operator
- Inspect an overhead crane
- Prepare for a lift by selecting the appropriate sling and rigging materials
- Perform a lift with an overhead crane safely
Course content is based on CSA B167.
Practical Skills Evaluation
To receive a certificate of competency, the learner must achieve a passing grade on the written in-class test and pass the practical skills evaluation. The practical skills evaluation is to be performed at the worker’s place of employment. A charge of $75/person applies for each evaluation. Additional charges may apply if multiple devices are evaluated.
Practical skills evaluations should be completed 90 days after the course has been successfully passed.
For OSG to complete the practical equipment evaluation, the participant must ensure that:
- They have had the minimum recommended experience on each piece of equipment they will be operating
- Annual certification and inspection has been completed on the equipment that will be used for the evaluation
- Equipment is in good working order
Overhead crane operators and supervisors
Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s. 51(2)
Ont. Reg. 213/91 – Construction Projects 96. (1)
Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
You may also be interested in:
Train-the-Trainer option available
Continuing Education Credits
HRPA has approved this course for CPD.